American Chop Suey
American Chop Suey is a very popular Indian Chinese dish available in most Chinese restaurants in India. American chop suey is served on a plate or in a bowl.
Out of (5 Comments)
Ingredients for American Chop Suey:
- 2 teacups fried noodles
- 1/2 tsp Ajinomoto powder
- 4 tsp refined oil
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- Salt according to taste
- 450 grams cabbage
- 3 onions
- 100 grams bean sprouts
- 10 french beans
- 2 carrots
- 1 teacup boiled noodles
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 teacup brown vinegar
- 1/2 teacup sugar
- 1 teacup water
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
Method to prepare American Chop Suey:
- Cut all the vegetables into long thin strips, except bean sprouts.
- Place all the ingredients of the sauce in a vessel, mix well and bring it to a boil. Cook and stir well until the sauce is thick.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add all the vegetables and Ajinomoto powder.
- Cook on a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the prepared sauce, boiled noodles, chilli sauce and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Add half of the fried noodles and mix well.
- Once the noodles is done, stir everything up and serve.