Delicious dumpling recipe you can easily cook. Egg dumplings orginated in Germany and are a favorite in the midwest. This is easy to make and tastes great.
Out of (3 Comments)
Ingredients for Egg Dumplings:
- 4 eggs
- 100 g grated pork
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. scallions, chopped
- 5 oz high stock
- 1 tsp. dried shrimps
- 1 tsp. cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tsp. water
- 9 oz Chinese cabbage leaves
- 4 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 arrowheads
Method to prepare Egg Dumplings:
- Soak the dried shrimps in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain, and chop them finely. Wash the Chinese cabbage leaves and cut into halves.
- Peel arrowheads and chop finely and mix the pork with arrowheads, scallions, ginger, shrimps, cornstarch, and 1 tsp oil. Stir to blend well.
- Beat the eggs and add 1/2 tsp of salt to it.
- Divide egg and pork into four potions. Add 1 tbsp of the oil to a vessel, heat over a low flame until hot. Pour in one portion of the egg and twist it around to make a very thin pancake.
- Add the pork mixture into the centre of the egg pancake.
- Apply same method with other 3 portion of egg.
- Pour the stock into a pot and the cabbage leaves. Boil it and add 1/4 tsp salt.
- Add the dumplings. And wait for 5 minutes and remove.
- Dumplings will be chewy, not fluffy.