4 - 6
A spiced carrot cake with pecans or walnuts is a treat to mouth. Carrots have been added as they add variety and also provide substantial amounts of vitamin A and fibre. Cinnamon, nutmeg, honey and jaggery impart delicious flavours to this cake.This cake is really a great "tiffin box" item.
Out of (0 Comments)
Ingredients for Carrot Cake:
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten for fluffing
Method to prepare Carrot Cake:
- In a mixing bowl combine sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Beat the ingredients well.
- Blend in flour and crushed cinnamon.
- Add carrots and chopped pecans or walnuts, stirring until well mixed.
- Pour into a generously greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour, or until cake springs back when lightly touched with finger.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting or glaze as desired.