Chocolate ice cream has a deep and rich chocolate flavor because it contains both cocoa powder and semisweet chocolate. Its silky smooth texture comes from making the ice cream with a custard base.
Out of (2 Comments)
Ingredients for Chocolate Icecream:
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 2 cup heavy cream
Method to prepare Chocolate Icecream:
- 1.Take milk in a heavy bottomed vessel, add all the ingredients except the cream to the milk. Mix well.
- 2. Put it on gas and give it a boil.
- 3. Boil for 2 more minutes after the first boil.
- 4. Remove from gas and keep stirring for 2 to 3 minutes. Cool completely.
- 5. Pour in a plastic/ tin container.
- 6. Cover with a cling film and close the lid of the container. Set in the freezer.
- 7. Your basic chocolate ice-cream is ready.
- 8. Cut the basic ice-cream into small pieces.
- 9. Add cream and churn gently with a hand blender till it is soft and fluffy.
- 10. Transfer the contents in the container, cover with a cling film and then with a lid. Set in the freezer.