Mushroom frittatae is cooked with veggies, you may use fresh organic spinach in lots of cheese and mushroom that makes it a very healthy recipe.
Out of (0 Comments)
Ingredients for Mushroom Frittate:
- 1 cup cooked red onion – fine springed (caramelized in a drizzle of olive oil)
- 1 cup cooked baby spinach – sauteed & chopped (sauteed in a drizzle of olive oil)
- 1 cup cooked white mushrooms – sauteed & chopped (sauteed in a drizzle of olive oil)
- 5 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 tsp salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme – chopped
Method to prepare Mushroom Frittate:
- Begin by preheating oven to 375 degree F.
- To make a frittata you will need a pan without a plastic/rubber handle as we need to put it in an oven. Arrange it.
- When veggies are ready, preheat your oven-proof non-stick pan on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and season with Salt & Pepper. Add onions, spinach mushrooms & thyme to beaten egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Once the pan is hot, add 2 tbsp olive oil. Pour in frittata mixture and begin cooking as if making scrambled eggs. Stir constantly for 3-4 minutes making sure you scrape all the egg from the sides of the pan.
- Once eggs begin to cook, smooth frittata mixture evenly in pan and poppan in the oven for 20 minutes approx or until frittata is firm.
- Pierce the center with small knife (don’t go all the way thru to the skillet!) and if it comes out clear, remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn out your frittata onto a cutting board and enjoy.