Italian used to eat desserts omly on special celebration or a holiday.They don't prefer to eat often.But this they would like to eat often see in . A small slice of one of these buttery crusted sweet treats is wonderful for a mid day break with coffee, or after a light dinner and a recipe such as this one can be put together in minutes from ingredients most people already have on hand.
Out of (1 Comments)
Ingredients for Rustic Jam:
- 9 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Softened.
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar.
- 1 Large Egg.
- 1 Large Egg Yolk.
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon.
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour.
- 1/2 Cup Finely Ground Cornmeal.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder.
- 2 Cups Fruit Jam.
Method to prepare Rustic Jam:
- Mix together the butter and sugar with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and continue to mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Take about 3/4 of a cup of the dough mixture and set it aside.
- Press the remaining dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 10 inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Spread the jam into the crust and use a spoon to smooth across the bottom crust.
- Using your fingers, break up the remaining crust mixture into small pea sized pieces and drop along the outer edges of the tart, leaving the center section of jam uncovered.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until it is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool it and then serve
- To store, simply cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 5 days. Allow to return to room temperature before serving