Simple Italian Tuna Sandwich.
The tuna sandwich is the sort of thing you might find in a trendy downtown eatery. It is simple to make just a matter of 10 minutes, is healthy and a light substitute for full meal.
Out of (0 Comments)
Ingredients for Simple Italian Tuna Sandwich.:
- 4 sesame seed buns weighing about 1/5 pound (80 g) each
- 1/4 pound mixed salad greens.
- 2/3 pound tuna filets packed in oil
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 or 7 black olives, chopped or sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon balsamic or wine vinegar
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 1/2 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method to prepare Simple Italian Tuna Sandwich.:
- Drain the tuna and crumble it in a salad bowl. Slice the celery and add it to the tuna, together with the olives. Season the mixture with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Rinse and drain the salad greens too. Add the chopped onion, celery, tomato, and olives, and vinegar.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Open the buns, distribute the tuna mixture evenly between them, and spoon the drippings left in the salad bowl over them. Put the tops on the buns and serve at once.