Achaari Paneer is a delicious dish and it can also be made by adding other vegetables of your choice like onions, cucumber or tomatoes if you like. But don't add a lot of veggies; remember, the taste of Achari Paneer should be more pronounced than anything else!!
Out of (0 Comments)
Ingredients for Achari Paneer:
- 1/2 tsp Onion seeds (kalonji)
- 1 tsp Cumin (jeera)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder(haldi)
- 1/2 cup Curd
- Dried Mango powder(Amchur)-1 1/2tsp
- Slit green chillies- 2-3
- Salt- According to your taste.
- 3 Chopped onions
- 3-4 Chopped green chillies
- 5-6 flakes Garlic
- 1 piece Ginger
- 300 gm Paneer
- 2 tsp Aniseed (Saunf)
- 1-tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 pinch of Fenugreek seeds (Methi dana)
Method to prepare Achari Paneer:
- Cut paneer in rectangular shape. Mix the fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida in a small bowl.
- Make a paste of ginger and garlic. Put oil in a pan and heat it and add the seed mixture into it. Crackle all the mixture for a minute.
- When they crackle, add chopped onions and green chillies and cook till onions turn in golden brown colour. Now Add ginger-garlic paste and Turmeric powder and cook for 1/2 minutes. Add paneer in it.Mix continously. Beat the curd till it becomes plain.
- Add the curd to the paneer and keep stirring. Add mango powder powder and salt according to the taste. Cook till the curd dries up. Spread green chillies and coriander for garnishing and serve hot.