Sweet Sour Red Cabbage
This crunchy eye-catching cooked cabbage is seasoned with a flavorful blend of vinegar and spices.
Out of (2 Comments)
Ingredients for Sweet Sour Red Cabbage:
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 2-pound red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 12 cups)
Method to prepare Sweet Sour Red Cabbage:
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium flame.
- Add cabbage and saute about 5 minutes until slightly wilted.
- Add sugar and toss to coat properly.
- now add vinegar.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover, simmer until cabbage is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sweet and sour red cabbage is ready to taste.