An apple a day, keeps the doctor away!
All of us have read and heard the sayings like “ to eat an apple going to bed, will make the doctor beg his bread” and “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away”. In fact these sayings have been justified by the healthy and rich properties of apple. Apple is counted among the most valuable fruits. The bright red apples look delicious and invite us to take a bite. So if you’ve got some apples around, start biting and tasting one and simultaneously take a look at the health-rich properties of apples.
- Constipation and diarrhea are two common diseases that irritate us in our daily lives. If you want to get rid of them, try eating an apple. The green apple or the raw apples will relieve you from the problem of constipation .
- If you take two apples every day you will have a proper evacuation of the bowels. This will help you to have a good digestion.
- Getting rid of diarrhea is easily possible through cooked or baked apples. The baking and the cooking process soften the cellulose of the apple fruit. Through cooking the regulating material of the fruit is thus lost and it becomes effective in looseness of the bowels.
- Apple possess a very important property. This is related to the mouth cleansing. Through regular consumption of apples , the tooth decay can be prevented. This fruit called apple also helps in reducing the bad smell of mouth.
- Apple also contains a certain acid. This acid has an antiseptic influence upon the germs present in the mouth and teeth when the fruit is thoroughly chewed. It strengthens your gums and teeth.
- Apple, which is a favourite fruit of many, also possesses potassium. As a good source of potassium the apples help in alleviation of heart diseases. This fruit regulates the contraction of muscle fibres also.
- Those suffering from abnormal blood pressure should also eat apples. The apples are helpful in bringing down the blood pressure to normal. Eating apples can lower the sodium levels in tissue which is responsible for increasing the blood pressure.
- Potassium and phosphorous present in apples keep the kidneys clean and well flushed. This calms your stomach and helps you maintain a good health.
- A recent study says that although apples contain a very small amount of vitamin C but eating 100 grams of apple can provide you the same amount of antioxidant activity which is received through 1,500 milligrams of the same vitamin.
- Apples provide you the appropriate amount of fibres and also detoxifies your body.
No doubt apple is a fruit with numerous healthy qualities. It’s therapeutic features are very significant and it is a very protective and wholesome food.